Summary Of Legislative Changes 2015-2022: How Did We Get Here And Where Are We Going?
- Course Description
CPE: IRS 1 Federal Tax Law Topics & 1 Federal Tax Update/ CTEC 1 Federal Tax Law & 1 Federal Tax Update/ NASBA 2 Taxes
This course discusses a summary of the following Legislation:
- PATH Act: “Protecting Americans from Tax Hikes”
- "Tax Cuts and Jobs Act"
- “Further Consolidated Appropriations Act of 2020”
- "Family First Coronavirus Relief Act” (FFCRA)
- CARES Act “Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security” Act
- “Paycheck Protection Program and Heath Care Enhancement Act”
- and much more!
- Learning Objectives
This course will provide the participants with a solid overview of how specified provisions enacted over the past 7 years have changed the manner in which Tax Professionals must prepare returns and plan with their clients because of these various Legislative Enactments of Congress. Participants will better understand the historical development of the current law and requirements of practice. At the conclusion, participants will better understand how some provisions of the ARPA and proposed Build Back Better Bill reverses the provisions of the PATH Act and TCJA.
To receive the member price, first log into your member account. Your member discount will then be automatically applied. We can also take your registration by phone.
Your registration confirmation will be emailed to you when your payment is processed. During our busy season, this can take up to 2-3 business days after we receive your registration.
Yes. If you have a PTIN on file with us, we will submit your hours. To insure we have your correct info, please provide your PTIN when you register for a course. Please notify us if you have recently submitted a name change request to the IRS.
Your certificate will be emailed to you within 10 business days of the completion of the course.
- Once your registration confirmation is emailed, due to the proprietary materials and content of orders are NOT ELIGIBLE for refund, cancellation, or transfer to another NSTP course.
- materials and presentations are intended to stimulate thought and discussion and to provide attendees useful ideas and guidance in the areas of federal taxation and administration. These materials as well as the comments of the instructors do not constitute and should not be treated as tax advice regarding the use of any tax procedure, tax planning technique, device or suggestion, or any of the tax consequences associated with them.
- Although the NSTP has made every effort to ensure the accuracy of the materials and the seminar presentation, neither the author, the presenter nor the National Society of Tax Professionals assumes any responsibility for any individual’s reliance on the written or oral information presented during the presentation. Each attendee should verify independently all statements made in the materials, and during the seminar presentation, before applying them to a particular fact pattern and should determine independently the tax and other consequences of using any device, technique, or suggestion before recommending the same to a client or implementing the same on behalf of a client, or on the attendee’s own behalf.
- materials & presentations are fully protected under copyright law. Any attempt to copy for resale, distribution, or use other than personal use for tax preparation will be fully prosecuted of the law.
- require a test for CPE. 3 attempts are allowed.
- You have 1 (one) year from date of purchase to complete the course by taking the test.