Early Update and Review of the Challenges of the 2022 Tax Season
- Course Description
This course is an introductory session to NSTP’s 3 Hour CPE webinar titled “Early Update and Review of the Challenges of the 2022 Tax Season”.
This recap includes a summary review of the Legislation enacted starting with the 2015 PATH Act through the Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act enacted, on November 15, 2021 that impacted the preparation of 2021 tax returns.
In addition, the course recaps the challenges of the IRS backlog of unprocessed 2019, 2020 and 2021 individual and business income tax returns as well as the millions of unprocessed amended returns and taxpayer correspondence to the IRS driven by automated IRS Notices.
- Learning Objectives
At the conclusion of this session, participants will have a better, broad understanding of the challenges that preparers and taxpayers dealt with during the 2022 Tax Season. As a result, the Tax Professional will be better equipped to discuss and explain these issues with their individual and business clients and obtain needed knowledge to compete the extension season.
IRS: Federal Tax Law Update 3 CPE
CTEC: Tax Update 3 CPE
NASBA: Taxes 3 CPE
To receive the member price, first log into your member account. Your member discount will then be automatically applied. We can also take your registration by phone.
Your registration confirmation will be emailed to you when your payment is processed. During our busy season, this can take up to 2-3 business days after we receive your registration.
Yes. If you have a PTIN on file with us, we will submit your hours. To insure we have your correct info, please provide your PTIN when you register for a course. Please notify us if you have recently submitted a name change request to the IRS.
Your certificate will be emailed to you within 10 business days of the completion of the course.
- Once your registration confirmation is emailed, due to the proprietary materials and content of orders are NOT ELIGIBLE for refund, cancellation, or transfer to another NSTP course.
- materials and presentations are intended to stimulate thought and discussion and to provide attendees useful ideas and guidance in the areas of federal taxation and administration. These materials as well as the comments of the instructors do not constitute and should not be treated as tax advice regarding the use of any tax procedure, tax planning technique, device or suggestion, or any of the tax consequences associated with them.
- Although the NSTP has made every effort to ensure the accuracy of the materials and the seminar presentation, neither the author, the presenter nor the National Society of Tax Professionals assumes any responsibility for any individual’s reliance on the written or oral information presented during the presentation. Each attendee should verify independently all statements made in the materials, and during the seminar presentation, before applying them to a particular fact pattern and should determine independently the tax and other consequences of using any device, technique, or suggestion before recommending the same to a client or implementing the same on behalf of a client, or on the attendee’s own behalf.
- materials & presentations are fully protected under copyright law. Any attempt to copy for resale, distribution, or use other than personal use for tax preparation will be fully prosecuted of the law.
- require a test for CPE. 3 attempts are allowed.
- You have 1 (one) year from date of purchase to complete the course by taking the test.