Federal Tax Impact Of Assets On A Business’s Life Cycle
- Course Description
CPE: IRS 2 Federal Tax Law Topics & 2 Federal Tax Update/ CTEC 2 Federal Tax Topics & 2 Federal Tax Update/ NASBA 4 Taxes
This course addresses the federal income tax impact of the disposal of capital assets especially as it pertains to a trade or business. The course will address acquisition of capital assets, operational use of capital assets and the eventual gain or loss on their disposition. If there is the disposition of the entire business, then the allocation of the selling price of the business as a whole will be determined and calculated. The course will also address the tax impact on the individual owners of the entity.
- Learning Objectives
At the conclusion of the course, the participant will have achieved a better understanding on how to properly account for the acquisition and disposition of capital assets and more specifically the capital assets in an operational trade or business. The Tax Professional will be better equipped to discuss the impact of a sale of a trade or business with their clients and the net results to the business entity directly and the owners of the entity.
To receive the member price, first log into your member account. Your member discount will then be automatically applied. We can also take your registration by phone.
Your registration confirmation will be emailed to you when your payment is processed. During our busy season, this can take up to 2-3 business days after we receive your registration.
Yes. If you have a PTIN on file with us, we will submit your hours. To insure we have your correct info, please provide your PTIN when you register for a course. Please notify us if you have recently submitted a name change request to the IRS.
Your certificate will be emailed to you within 10 business days of the completion of the course.
- Once your registration confirmation is emailed, due to the proprietary materials and content of orders are NOT ELIGIBLE for refund, cancellation, or transfer to another NSTP course.
- materials and presentations are intended to stimulate thought and discussion and to provide attendees useful ideas and guidance in the areas of federal taxation and administration. These materials as well as the comments of the instructors do not constitute and should not be treated as tax advice regarding the use of any tax procedure, tax planning technique, device or suggestion, or any of the tax consequences associated with them.
- Although the NSTP has made every effort to ensure the accuracy of the materials and the seminar presentation, neither the author, the presenter nor the National Society of Tax Professionals assumes any responsibility for any individual’s reliance on the written or oral information presented during the presentation. Each attendee should verify independently all statements made in the materials, and during the seminar presentation, before applying them to a particular fact pattern and should determine independently the tax and other consequences of using any device, technique, or suggestion before recommending the same to a client or implementing the same on behalf of a client, or on the attendee’s own behalf.
- materials & presentations are fully protected under copyright law. Any attempt to copy for resale, distribution, or use other than personal use for tax preparation will be fully prosecuted of the law.
- require a test for CPE. 3 attempts are allowed.
- You have 1 (one) year from date of purchase to complete the course by taking the test.