Corporate Income Tax Returns Form 1120 Update and Review
- Course Description
This course updates the seasoned and relatively new tax professional with the Federal Income Tax issues surrounding businesses that are structured as corporate entities and filing IRS Form 1120. The course also introduces the tax professional on how to approach the preparation of the Form 1120 in a methodical, common sense manner and the opportunity to understand the provisions of the Internal Revenue Code that are needed in order to properly prepare the Corporate income tax return for tax year 2021 and beyond. The course discusses the Schedule L, M-1 and M-2.
- Learning Objectives
Upon completion of this course the Tax Professional will be able to:
* Prepare Form 1120 with a solid base of understanding of corporate taxation * Recognize the concept of double taxation for the C-Corporation and the impact of the distributions to shareholders of the Corporation in the form of dividends, return of capital and capital gains * Understand the purpose of the corporate forms * Grasp the importance of the Schedule L Balance Sheet and the Reconciliation of Book to Tax Income on the Schedule M-1 as well as the Reconciliation of Retained Earnings on the Schedule M-2 * Understand changes introduced in any current legislation impacting C-Corporations
To receive the member price, first log into your member account. Your member discount will then be automatically applied. We can also take your registration by phone.
Your registration confirmation will be emailed to you when your payment is processed. During our busy season, this can take up to 2-3 business days after we receive your registration.
Yes. If you have a PTIN on file with us, we will submit your hours. To insure we have your correct info, please provide your PTIN when you register for a course. Please notify us if you have recently submitted a name change request to the IRS.
Your certificate will be emailed to you within 10 business days of the completion of the course.
- Once your registration confirmation is emailed, due to the proprietary materials and content of orders are NOT ELIGIBLE for refund, cancellation, or transfer to another NSTP course.
- materials and presentations are intended to stimulate thought and discussion and to provide attendees useful ideas and guidance in the areas of federal taxation and administration. These materials as well as the comments of the instructors do not constitute and should not be treated as tax advice regarding the use of any tax procedure, tax planning technique, device or suggestion, or any of the tax consequences associated with them.
- Although the NSTP has made every effort to ensure the accuracy of the materials and the seminar presentation, neither the author, the presenter nor the National Society of Tax Professionals assumes any responsibility for any individual’s reliance on the written or oral information presented during the presentation. Each attendee should verify independently all statements made in the materials, and during the seminar presentation, before applying them to a particular fact pattern and should determine independently the tax and other consequences of using any device, technique, or suggestion before recommending the same to a client or implementing the same on behalf of a client, or on the attendee’s own behalf.
- materials & presentations are fully protected under copyright law. Any attempt to copy for resale, distribution, or use other than personal use for tax preparation will be fully prosecuted of the law.
- require a test for CPE. 3 attempts are allowed.
- You have 1 (one) year from date of purchase to complete the course by taking the test.