Tax-Exempt Organizations - Formation and Operations
- Course Description
During this session we will cover the issues to be considered during the formation of a tax-exempt organization: the completion of the Form 1023, Application for Recognition of Exemptions Under 503(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code; and the preparation of the Form 990, Return of Organization Exempt from Income Tax. We will also address the payroll and excise tax requirements for the tax-exempt organization.
- Learning Objectives
At the completion of this session, the participants will be able to:
* compile the documents needed to apply for tax-exempt status, * identify the schedules that accompany the Form 1023, * ensure compliance of the record keeping and reporting requirements of the tax-exempt organization for the donors, employees and other stakeholders.
To receive the member price, first log into your member account. Your member discount will then be automatically applied. We can also take your registration by phone.
Your registration confirmation will be emailed to you when your payment is processed. During our busy season, this can take up to 2-3 business days after we receive your registration.
Yes. If you have a PTIN on file with us, we will submit your hours. To insure we have your correct info, please provide your PTIN when you register for a course. Please notify us if you have recently submitted a name change request to the IRS.
Your certificate will be emailed to you within 10 business days of the completion of the course.
- Each individual taking the live stream or webinar must register under their own name and unique email. The course link will be sent to the email of the registrant. One participant only per email.
- NSTP is not tech support, we will send you to either of these sites before further troubleshooting your technical issue.
- Before attending a Business Entity Series, YOU MUST review our System Requirements below and test your system. Please test on the device, browser, and network you will be using when attending a webinar.
- If you are a Dial-in user, you must ALSO have a screen to view and respond with, or you will not earn CPE.
- Each participant must click on the pop-ups or answer the poll questions that appear on the screen during the live stream or webinar. Failure to do so will result in no CPE being awarded for that live-stream or webinar.
- Business Entity Series presentations are conducted online and are interactive visual and audio presentations.
- There is no support to earn Business Entity Series CPE by listening on a phone only. Listening (without video) will not supply the required opportunity to click on pop-ups or polling questions.
- Once your registration confirmation is emailed, due to the proprietary materials and content of each NSTP course, Business Entity Series orders are NOT ELIGIBLE for refund, cancellation, or transfer to another NSTP course.
- Course changes are not available for Business Entity Series.
- NSTP reserves the right to cancel any program or course for circumstances that are not under direct control of NSTP. If a course or program is cancelled, participants will be transferred to another similar course or refunded 100% of their registration fee.
- Business Entity Series materials and Business Entity Series presentations are intended to stimulate thought and discussion and to provide attendees useful ideas and guidance in the areas of federal taxation and administration. These materials as well as the comments of the instructors do not constitute and should not be treated as tax advice regarding the use of any tax procedure, tax planning technique, device or suggestion, or any of the tax consequences associated with them.
- Although the NSTP has made every effort to ensure the accuracy of the materials and the seminar presentation, neither the author, the presenter nor the National Society of Tax Professionals assumes any responsibility for any individual’s reliance on the written or oral information presented during the presentation. Each attendee should verify independently all statements made in the materials, and during the seminar presentation, before applying them to a particular fact pattern and should determine independently the tax and other consequences of using any device, technique, or suggestion before recommending the same to a client or implementing the same on behalf of a client, or on the attendee’s own behalf.
- Business Entity Series materials & presentations are fully protected under copyright law. Any attempt to copy for resale, distribution, or use other than personal use for tax preparation will be fully prosecuted of the law.
- Only paid registrants can attend seminars. In consideration of your fellow attendees, guests will need to depart before the session begins.