Annual Federal Tax Refresher Course - Live Streaming
For Tax Professionals who want to receive the Record of Completion from the IRS, NSTP is now offering the Annual Federal Tax Refresher Course that will satisfy the 6-hour course and test requirement for the new voluntary Annual Filing Season Program (AFSP). To obtain an Annual Filing Season Program – Record of Completion a return preparer must obtain 18 hours of continuing education from an IRS-approved CPE Provider. The hours must include the 6 credit hour Annual Federal Tax Refresher course as well as complete 2 hours of Ethics and 10 hours of other federal tax law topics.
After taking the 6-hour course, successfully completing the exam, and the other required continuing education courses in ethics and federal tax law, the participant will receive the Record of Completion directly from the IRS.
In addition to completing the appropriate CPE courses, the return preparer must also renew their preparer tax identification number (PTIN) for the upcoming year and consent to adhere to the obligations in Circular 230, Subpart B and section 10.51.
Fast Forward Academy developed the educational materials for this course.
**Note that while Enrolled Agents (EAs) are welcome to take this course they will not receive IRS continuing education credits.**
In order to fulfill the Annual Federal Tax Refresher requirement for the Record of Completion:
- The online exam will need to be completed within seven days after attending this course.
- The exam is timed and must be completed within 3 hours.
- The test is a minimum of 100 questions and the passing score is 70%.
- After successful completion of the exam, Fast Forward Academy will report your hours to the IRS.
- Registrations must be received no later than 7 days prior to the seminar date.
- Registrations received after this date will be subject to a $35 late fee.
- NSTP provides refunds to registrants up to 7 days prior to the date of the course. For those registrants canceling within 14 days prior to the date of the course NSTP will allow attendance at another seminar site. If there are extraordinary circumstances NSTP will allow the participant to attend a future education course. An administrative charge of $25 will be assessed if canceled. For more information regarding refund, cancellation and complaint policies, please contact our offices at 800-367-8130
- NSTP reserves the right to cancel any program or course for circumstances that are not under direct control of NSTP. If a course or program is canceled, participants will be refunded 100% of their registration fee.
- We do not accept walk-in attendees. Payment must be received in advance of the class. Classes may not be retaken without payment.
- Seminar materials and seminar presentations are intended to stimulate thought and discussion and to provide attendees the useful ideas and guidance in the areas of federal taxation and administration. These materials as well as the comments of the instructors do not constitute and should not be treated as tax advice regarding the use of any particular tax procedure, tax planning technique or device or suggestion or any of the tax consequences associated with them.
- Although the NSTP has made every effort to ensure the accuracy of the materials and the seminar presentation, neither the author, the presenter nor the National Society of Tax Professionals assumes any responsibility for any individual's reliance on the written or oral information presented during the presentation. Each attendee should verify independently all statements made in the materials and during the seminar presentation before applying them to a particular fact pattern and should determine independently the tax and other consequences of using any particular device, technique or suggestion before recommending the same to a client or implementing the same on a client's or on his or her own behalf.
- Only paid registrants are able to attend seminars. In consideration of your fellow attendees, guests will need to depart before the session begins. The seminar lunch is for paid registrants only and is included in the registration fee.