2023 Federal Tax Update and Review Course - Boston
- Course Description
The Annual Fall Update and Review Course covers the changes taking place that are needed for the preparation of 2023 Federal Income tax returns and beyond. The session will review any important new provisions and changes enacted by Congress during 2023, as well as IRS administrative actions. In addition, it will cover the provisions taking effect in 2023 as a result of the Inflation Reduction Act of 2022 and will specifically address the home energy provisions under §25C and §25D reportable on IRS form 5695.
The course will also cover the new provisions dealing with electric vehicles under §30D and the limitations based on modified AGI as well as the new credit for qualifying previously owned electric vehicles.
The course will also address all the provisions which are annually indexed to inflation and subject to phase-out-based on the taxpayer’s AGI and modified AGI, and filing status.
The course will address IRS Notices, Revenue Procedures, Revenue Rulings and Regulations applicable to the small firm’s practice.
The course will also address the current reporting requirements for issues surrounding the changes made for reporting on Form 1099-K, as well as the new issues concerning broker reporting of cryptocurrencies.
The course will review any applicable Tax Court rulings that impact individual and small business taxpayers.
Draft 2023 forms will be reviewed.
- Learning Objectives
At the conclusion of the course, the participant will have obtained a better working knowledge of any new Legislation and specific provisions enacted in the IRA of 2022 for energy savings for homeowners and purchases of electric vehicles. In addition, participants will have reviewed the most important 2023 draft IRS forms and will be ready to tackle the 2024 filing season.
To receive the member price, first log into your member account. Your member discount will then be automatically applied. We can also take your registration by phone.
Your registration confirmation will be emailed to you when your payment is processed. During our busy season, this can take up to 2-3 business days after we receive your registration.
Yes. If you have a PTIN on file with us, we will submit your hours. To insure we have your correct info, please provide your PTIN when you register for a course. Please notify us if you have recently submitted a name change request to the IRS.
Your certificate will be emailed to you within 10 business days of the completion of the course.
- Once your registration confirmation is emailed, due to the proprietary materials and content of orders are NOT ELIGIBLE for refund, cancellation, or transfer to another NSTP course.
- materials and presentations are intended to stimulate thought and discussion and to provide attendees useful ideas and guidance in the areas of federal taxation and administration. These materials as well as the comments of the instructors do not constitute and should not be treated as tax advice regarding the use of any tax procedure, tax planning technique, device or suggestion, or any of the tax consequences associated with them.
- Although the NSTP has made every effort to ensure the accuracy of the materials and the seminar presentation, neither the author, the presenter nor the National Society of Tax Professionals assumes any responsibility for any individual’s reliance on the written or oral information presented during the presentation. Each attendee should verify independently all statements made in the materials, and during the seminar presentation, before applying them to a particular fact pattern and should determine independently the tax and other consequences of using any device, technique, or suggestion before recommending the same to a client or implementing the same on behalf of a client, or on the attendee’s own behalf.
- materials & presentations are fully protected under copyright law. Any attempt to copy for resale, distribution, or use other than personal use for tax preparation will be fully prosecuted of the law.
- require a test for CPE. 3 attempts are allowed.
- You have 1 (one) year from date of purchase to complete the course by taking the test.