Basic 1040 Tax Course | Streaming
- Course Description
Learn to Prepare the 1040 Tax Return | 8 Sessions of 2 Hours Each
16 CPE Total Credits over 8 Sessions
This course will provide the information you need, both basic concepts and technical details, for preparing individual income taxes. Whether you’re new to preparing taxes, or need a refresher in the basics, this is the course for you! A strong technical foundation helps you to prepare most individual tax returns upon completion of the course.
Taught by NSTP instructors, the course is live-streaming online, and includes review questions, study questions and learning activities!
After every two chapters, there is a quiz, and after every four chapters, a final exam to test knowledge and retention. The online Student Resource Center contains Tax Law Updates, the course Glossary, and general resources.
Monday, October 3, 2022 Part 1 of 8 2 CPE of 16 Thursday, October 6, 2022 Part 2 of 8 2 CPE of 16 Monday, October 10, 2022 Part 3 of 8 2 CPE of 16 Thursday, October 13, 2022 Part 4 of 8 2 CPE of 16 Monday, October 17, 2022 Part 5 of 8 2 CPE of 16 Thursday, October 20, 2022 Part 6 of 8 2 CPE of 16 Monday, October 24, 2022 Part 7 of 8 2 CPE of 16 Thursday, October 27, 2022 Part 8 of 8 2 CPE of 16
1:00pm - 3:00pm PT | 2:00pm - 4:00pm MT | 3:00pm - 5:00pm CT | 4:00pm - 6:00pm ET
- Learning Objectives
Upon completion of this course, a student should be qualified to:Prepare most individual tax returns, including Schedules C, D, and E;
- Prepare most individual tax returns, including Schedules C, D, and E;
- Perform a thorough interview with a taxpayer
- Determine a taxpayer’s filing status and eligibility for exemptions
- Accurately report income and deductions for a taxpayer
- Determine a taxpayer’s eligibility for credits and deductions
- Compute depreciation for assets and eligibility for Section 179
- Accurately calculate a taxpayer’s refund or balance due
- Advise a taxpayer in tax planning strategies
To receive the member price, first log into your member account. Your member discount will then be automatically applied. We can also take your registration by phone.
Your registration confirmation will be emailed to you when your payment is processed. During our busy season, this can take up to 2-3 business days after we receive your registration.
Yes. If you have a PTIN on file with us, we will submit your hours. To insure we have your correct info, please provide your PTIN when you register for a course. Please notify us if you have recently submitted a name change request to the IRS.
Your certificate will be emailed to you within 10 business days of the completion of the course.
- Once your registration confirmation is emailed, due to the proprietary materials and content of Streaming orders are NOT ELIGIBLE for refund, cancellation, or transfer to another NSTP course.
- Streaming materials and Streaming presentations are intended to stimulate thought and discussion and to provide attendees useful ideas and guidance in the areas of federal taxation and administration. These materials as well as the comments of the instructors do not constitute and should not be treated as tax advice regarding the use of any tax procedure, tax planning technique, device or suggestion, or any of the tax consequences associated with them.
- Although the NSTP has made every effort to ensure the accuracy of the materials and the seminar presentation, neither the author, the presenter nor the National Society of Tax Professionals assumes any responsibility for any individual’s reliance on the written or oral information presented during the presentation. Each attendee should verify independently all statements made in the materials, and during the seminar presentation, before applying them to a particular fact pattern and should determine independently the tax and other consequences of using any device, technique, or suggestion before recommending the same to a client or implementing the same on behalf of a client, or on the attendee’s own behalf.
- Streaming materials & presentations are fully protected under copyright law. Any attempt to copy for resale, distribution, or use other than personal use for tax preparation will be fully prosecuted of the law.
- Streaming require a test for CPE. 3 attempts are allowed.
- You have 1 (one) year from date of purchase to complete the Streaming course by taking the test.